Monday, September 24, 2012

People let me tell you 'bout my best friend...

"...He's a warm hearted person who'll love me to the end.
People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,
He's a one boy, cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy."

I love these lyrics from "The Courtship of Eddie's Father."  And yes, I think both the Blob and I feel this way about our little ginger nut--that we want to tell everyone about him and that he's our pride and joy, etc.

But sadly, I'm pretty sure our babything thinks of another being this way...and the feeling is mutual.


From the day our babything came home from the hospital, Gio has been all up in his business.  Blob made a screencover for our co-sleeper to keep that cats out, but that didn't dissuade Gio from inspecting.  Wish we had a picture of this!  As soon as we all fell asleep each night, Gio would creep onto the top of the co-sleeper cover to sleep for the night, hovering above the babything until we woke up and shooed him away.  It was pretty sweet actually.  Thankfully the Blob built a bomb-proof cover that was able to support Gio's weight easily.




Our babything has been equally enamoured with the cats.  All of them really, but especially Gio.  To show how much he loves cats, his first, real, identifiable, fully-pronounced word was cat.  He was chasing Gio at the time and it's been highly repeatable and often repeated.

Hey guys, look!  It's a cat.  In a box.  I put him there myself!

Gio waiting patiently for the babything to follow him through the cat door.

We have other cats.  None of the others seek him out, want to be near him, need to be part of whatever he's doing in quite the same way.  Still, they're pretty good with the babything too.



Gio was an accidental acquisition (he and his sister were and example of foster failure).  What a happy accident!  It hurts my heart to think that we might have deprived them of each other.

Best buds.  Hangin' under a bench.

I think they get along so well because they match!  What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment