Saturday, October 29, 2011

Measuring Up

As I approach my due date (3 more days until Oct 31!), I thought it would be appropriate to look back over the the course of my pregnancy to remember how it has measured up.  

Health Things
- Glucose test: 103  --> I'm not really sure what it means, but I've just been telling people that I got a hundred on my glucose test.  Basically, I don't have gestational diabetes.
- Hematocrit 12 and 36 --> I don't really understand this one either, but my doctor said "looks like you're eating well" after she told me these numbers.

Baby Sizing
- 7 week ultrasound: CRL = 1.43cm or 0.56 inches
- 12 week ultrasound: CRL = 6.4cm or 2.51 inches
- 19 week ultrasound: 11 oz

Additional Milestones
- Stopped mountain biking: 12 weeks
- First PhD Qualifying Exam: 16 weeks
- Trip to the British Virgin Islands: 16.5-18 weeks
- Trip to Seattle: 20-22 weeks
- Stopped running: 22 weeks
- Started prenatal yoga: 24 weeks
- Started swimming laps: 28 weeks
- Gave in and bought a prenatal bathing suit: 30 weeks
- Started reading to the belly: 30 weeks
- Baby shower: 34 weeks
- Second PhD Qualifying Exam: 34 weeks
- Last plane trip: 35 weeks (Christine & Jody's Wedding!)
- Stopped riding my bike to work: 36 weeks
- Baby dropped! 37 weeks

SLZ Sizing
- I was sloppy about keeping track of my weight gain over time.  Somehow, it hadn't occurred to me to keep track of this stuff on my own and now it's in two different places and I have some missing data.  Sloppy.  Anyway, I've gained ~40 lbs!  They recommend you gain 25-35, so I've exceeded the recommended range of weight gain for people with normal BMI.

Here is how I've grown (through pictures) instead of the happy little graph I was planning.

~16 weeks, sailing in the BVI with Blob and his family!

~20 weeks, kayaking in Seattle with Jessica


~22 weeks, Hiking in Mt. Ranier Park

~24 weeks, with Meredith (who was just 11 weeks!)

~28 weeks

~29 weeks with AED (who was ~18 weeks! and photo-averse)

~30 weeks

~33 weeks

~35 weeks at Christine and Jody's wedding!

~35 weeks after hiking Mt. Kearsarge

~36 weeks with some similarly shaped epi-friends ( ~34 weeks and ~32 weeks)
~37 Weeks with another another soon to be hot mamma (~35 weeks)


No comments:

Post a Comment