As a new parent, one thing I didn't count on was needing to expand my repertoire of regular apologies. Here are some of the new things I find myself apologizing for:
- I'm sorry I can't ever coordinate the baby-thing well enough to get somewhere on time.
- I'm sorry my son pooped/burped/spit up on your lap (e.g., Grey, Monita).
- I'm sorry he mistook your hair for a toy.
- I'm sorry he fell asleep on you.
(and my personal favorite)
- Sorry my son just motorboated you (e.g., ABC)
Thankfully, he's still small and cute enough to get away with these things.